A mission to support, encourage, and showcase the work of local artists
The Key West Craft show is sponsored by the Key West Art Center, a nonprofit community art center. The show has grown from a local to national juried show and attracts nearly 25,000 visitors in the two-day event including locals, winter residents and tourists. Proceeds from the show help support the programs of the Art Center as well as maintain the historic building that houses their gallery at 301 Front Street, in historic Old Town Key West. The show accepts approximately 100 exhibitors.
The Craft Show is set one block off famous Duval Street in Old Town Key West. Booths line Whitehead St. between Greene and Eaton Streets and onto Caroline Street, through the historic Presidential Gates into a beautiful tree lined street in a private community know as Truman Annex. The Key West Art Center is located one block from the show at 301 Front St., Key West, FL.
Fiber - wearable
Fiber - other
*A note on The Market category: The Key West Craft Show Committee also recognizes and celebrates the talents and creativity of those who create one-of-a-kind high-quality artisan items. Our event contains a "Market” component intended for Artisan Items; soaps, body products, candles, honey and similar items. We will only continue the The Market if space allows.
June 1, 2020 – Applications Open
September 1, 2020 – Early Bird Application Deadline
September 20, 2020 – Late Application Deadline
October 1, 2020 – Notifications emailed on or before this date
November 1, 2020 - Accept invite and booth purchase deadline
November 2, 2020 - Waitlist released
November 15, 2020 - Cancellation deadline for Booth refund less Credit Card Fees
January 29, 2021 – day before show check-in (3-6pm at The Key West Art Center)
January 30 & 31, 2020 – Key West Craft Show
A Note about Deadlines
If we have availability in any category after the jury, we will continue to accept applications until the show is full. You may email the director at KWArtShow@gmail.com to inquire if your category is full before applying after the late deadline. An application is not a guarantee that you will receive a space.
The Key West Craft Show Committee will assume that any accepted artist not paying the booth fee by November 1, 2020 will NOT be exhibiting in The 36th Key West Craft Show and no booth space will be reserved for that artist. Exhibitors who are accepted and fail to show/attend/participate without withdrawing their application will not be re-invited. ALL WITHDRAWALS OF APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING AND BE DELIVERED BY EMAIL.
WAITLIST: Being placed on the waitlist is not a guarantee that you will be placed in the show and it is not awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis the weekend of the event. If a space becomes available in a category where we have a waitlist, we will notify waitlisted artists as soon as possible. Notifications may come as early as November 2, 2020 and as late as January 2021. Artists selected from the waitlist are considered on how their work will balance the show as a whole. If you wish to be removed from the waitlist, please email the Director at KWArtShow@gmail.com.
Early Application Fee: $35
Late Application Fee: $45 (Any applications received after September 1st)
10 x 10 = $245
10 x 10 corner = $320
10 x 15 = $370 (limited)
10 x 15 corner = $445 (very limited)
All applicants must apply online via Zapplication.org. An application is not a guarantee to exhibit at the show. Each participant is selected by our jury. You must upload 3 images of your work and 1 image of your booth display. The quality of your booth image is important to the overall score from the jury. Your display image should reveal no names and have no people standing in it AND show your body of work as it will be displayed during the show. The images must be an accurate representation of the work to be exhibited and reflect current creation. NOTE: This is a blind jury process; please do not include your name, company name or a photo of the artist themselves on any image. For more information on digital image submission access: http://www.zapplication.org/imaging_tips.phtml
PARKING: Free in nearby lot. Reduced parking rates available nearby.
SECURITY: Police are on duty 24 hours during the show, set-up and tear down. The Key West Craft Show is not responsible for exhibitors’ work or displays and cannot accept responsibility for theft or damage due to weather, foul play or any other type of damage. It is your responsibility to secure your work.
REFUNDS: The application fee is non-refundable. Cancellation deadline is November 15, 2020 for a booth refund, less credit card fees. Cancellations after November 15, 2020 will be reviewed by the committee for refund. A minimum of $50 for admin fee may be retained. The Key West Craft Show Committee is not required to make refunds.
COVID-19 or other PANDEMICS POLICY: In the event The 36th Key West Craft Show has to be cancelled prior to December 1, 2020 under the direction of the City of Key West government due to Covid-19 or another pandemic or epidemic that may arise, we will refund all application and booth fees paid, less credit card processing fees. In the event The 36th Key West Craft Show has to be cancelled after December 1, 2020 under the direction of the City of Key West government due to Covid-19 or another pandemic or epidemic that may arise, we will refund as much as we possibly can for booth and application fees. Please understand we have spent considerable funds after December 1st to promote and produce the event. Fear of contacting Covid-19 is not a valid reason for a refund.
WEATHER: This is a rain or shine event. In the event of severe weather, the Show Director and Staff will make the decision to close the event early or postpone the start. No refunds will be given for a truncated or cancelled show due to weather. It is your responsibility to bring all necessary weights to secure your tent for inclement weather.
DURING THE SHOW: It is your responsibility to bring everything you need to secure your booth, set-up your booth/display and maintain your booth during the event. Strunk Ace Hardware is located at 1101 Eaton Street for any last-minute items you may need.
Light Breakfast on Saturday morning
Complimentary water and snacks - both days
Drive up to booth for set-up and breakdown
RV Parking: We offer RV Parking conveniently located within walking distance to the show at Truman Waterfront Park for a nominal fee of $175 total for 3 nights. There is no electricity or water provided. Space is limited to 12 RV's and must be reserved with the Show Director in advance.
BOOTH SET-UP: Booth set-up begins at 6am Saturday morning for booths located on Whitehead Street and 7am for booths located on Caroline Street. Friday set-up is not permitted by The City of Key West
· Exhibiting artists must show ID at check in and be present for the entire show.
· No buy/sell, mass produced items, items unlike those juried or artist reps are not allowed. Work must be produced by the exhibitor. This rule will be strictly enforced. Anyone not in compliance will be asked to leave the show.
· Craft artists only – NO dealers, stores or agents may participate.
· Only artists who jury into the jewelry category may sell jewelry in their booth. If you have any jewelry items in your booth and you did not jury into the jewelry category, you will be asked to remove them and expected to do so without complaint.
· Participants must be checked in by 8 AM on Saturday or may be considered a no-show and space may be reassigned, if not checked in by 8 AM on Saturday, January 30, 2021. First time participants are strongly encouraged to register on Friday to receive instructions.
· There is NO FRIDAY SET-UP ALLOWED. Set up is at 6:00 AM for Whitehead Street booths and 7:00 AM for Caroline Street booths on Saturday morning. In order to be in compliance with city permits, no vehicles or unloading is permitted on the street or sidewalks prior to that time. Compliance to this rule is critical and exhibitors who do not comply may be asked to leave or not be invited to return
· Vehicles (except outsized) will be permitted to drive to their booth space and unload. You must park with the direction of traffic. Once unloaded the vehicle must be removed to parking area immediately. Please be considerate of others as this is a tight area. Use common sense and be mindful of those around you. Traffic must maintain one-way direction and follow all show personnel’s instructions, especially for the Caroline Street/Truman Annex booths. Specific instructions will be given at check-in for those booths.
· Vehicles must be off the street by 9 AM each morning. The show hours are 10am to 5pm each day. Booths may not be disassembled prior to 5 PM each day. Breaking down before 5pm on Sunday without Director’s approval will result in not being invited back the following year. The police officer on duty and show director will determine when it is safe to bring vehicles onto the street at the end of each day due to pedestrian traffic. No vehicle may enter the street before it is deemed safe. At the end of day on Sunday, you must have your booth completely broken down before bringing your vehicle on the street to load. Artists may not block other traffic to load.
· PETS: Key West is a pet-friendly town and we understand that many artists travel with their pets. Small, well-behaved pets (less than 25lbs.) will be permitted inside your booth during the show. However, if there are complaints about your pet, or we deem your pet to be a nuisance or safety concern for others, you will be asked to remove your pet from the show.
· Exhibitor space is 10’x10’ and limited 10 x 15. All work must be displayed within the assigned space and must not impact neighbors’ space. If you pay for a 10 x 10 corner or 10 x 15 corner, your work must be contained within the 10x10 or 10 x 15 space, respectively. The committee strives to give additional room as possible but cannot guarantee it. Natural corners are very limited, so we try to create corners by allowing for extra space in between certain booths. A white tent or canopy is required, unless prior approval by director, and must fit into the 10’x10’ area. Not all spaces have back storage. If a space has back storage, your storage area must not exceed 2 feet deep. Occasionally, spaces are wider than others and exhibitors are expected to equally share the additional space between canopies and keep a neat professional looking display and storage area.
· A limited number of corner spaces are available and cannot be guaranteed. If you have paid for a corner space and do not receive it, you will be refunded $75.
· 10x15 corner spaces are very limited.
· The application fee is non-refundable. Cancellation deadline is November 15, 2020 for a booth refund, less credit card fees. Cancellations after November 15, 2020 will be reviewed by the committee for refund. A minimum of $50 for admin fee may be retained. The Key West Craft Show Committee is not required to make refunds
· The collection and remittance of the Florida State Sales Tax is the responsibility of each artist. Key West sales tax is 7.5%.
· Other specific procedures will be outlined in acceptance documents.
By completing and submitting this application I agree to participate in The 36th Key West Craft Show to be held in Key West, Florida on January 30 & 31, 2021.
I have received and read The 36th Key West Craft Show 2021 Rules. If I am accepted to participate in The 36th Key West Craft Show, I agree to abide by the rules, including any changes which may be adopted and provided to me before the event.
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in The 36th Key West Craft Show, and for other good and valuable consideration, I agree for myself and my successors, heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, legal representatives, employees, agents and affiliates, and in case of a corporation, also its officers, directors and shareholders (collectively, the “Artist”), to forever release and discharge The Key West Art Center, Inc., the City of Key West, their agents, representatives or employees, The Truman Annex Master Property Association and the Truman Annex Management Company, Monroe County Tourist Development Council, and all sponsoring organizations, and each of their members, officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns, volunteers and affiliates (collectively KWAC) from all claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, suits, damages, obligations, liabilities and causes of action, whether arising out of or related to the Artist’s participation in The 36th Key West Craft Show.
The Artist agrees to and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injuries to the Artist, including personal injury and risk of damage to Artist’s property, caused by or arising out of the Artist’s involvement in The 36th Key West Craft Show.
The Artist hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold KWAC harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, causes of action, damages, liabilities, obligations, costs, expenses and judgments (including, without limitation, personal injury, death and damage to property) caused by the Artist’s acts or omissions or failure to abide by the rules of KWAC and arising out of the Artist’s participation in The 36th Key West Craft Show.
If accepted, you knowingly and willingly consent to participate in The 36th Key West Craft Show during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not hold KWAC liable for the possibility of contracting COVID-19. You understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be highly contagious. It is impossible to determine who has it and who does not given the limits in virus testing.
If accepted, KWAC has my permission to reproduce my artwork through the samples or representations I have submitted for the purpose of promoting, advertising and marketing The 36th Key West Craft Show. KWAC also has my permission to publish photographs or video taken of me, my booth and my work during The 36th Key West Craft Show for purposes related to promotions of the event, past or future.