The Old Island Days Art Festival is sponsored by The Key West Art Center, a nonprofit community art center. The show
has grown from a local to a national juried show and attracts nearly 25,000 visitors in the two-day event including locals, winter residents and tourists. Proceeds from the show help support the programs of the Art Center as well as maintain the historic building that houses their gallery at 301 Front Street, in historic Old Town Key West. The show accepts approximately 100 exhibitors. Our concentration is in fine 2D and 3D art, however, we do accept a small percentage of high quality fine craft artists in the categories of functional ceramics, jewelry and fiber. We strive to provide a variety of artistic media to the public and patrons in an effort to make The Old Island Days Art Festival both a high-quality art experience and a broad exposure to art.
For 2021, the Art Festival will take place at the Truman Waterfront Park along the cement Quay overlooking the sparkling gulf of Mexico. We will have one-way entrance and two exit points to control the crowd and comply with social distancing.
Fiber - wearable
Fiber - other
*A note on The Market category: The Old Island Days Art Festival Committee also recognizes and celebrates the talents and creativity of those who create one-of-a-kind high-quality artisan items. Our event contains a "Market” component intended for Artisan Items; soaps, body products, candles, honey and similar items. We will only continue the The Market if space allows.
IMPORTANT CATEGORY INFORMATION
Jewelry - Artists who will be accepted in this category will be jewelers, metalsmiths and those who fabricate and use their handmade components for their work. Designers and artists who use a majority of purchased and mass-produced beads and findings will not be accepted. Please check with the director if you have questions about your work. To sell jewelry in your booth you must have juried in jewelry category.
It is the intent of the committee to showcase original artwork. Artists are to display over 50% of their work in original art. Work hung on walls should reflect this or a higher percentage of original work. Retouched giclée’s are not considered original art. All framed reproductions should be labeled as such. Greeting cards and small “bread & butter” type items must be displayed in the rear of your booth, not in a prominent display towards the front.
June 1, 2020 - Applications Open
October 1, 2020 – Early Bird Application Deadline, $35 fee
October 20, 2020 - Late Application Deadline, $45 fee
November 1, 2020 – Notifications emailed on or before this date
December 10, 2020 - Accept invite and booth purchase deadline
December 11, 2020 - Waitlist released
December 20, 2020 - Cancellation deadline for Booth refund less Credit Card Fees
February 26, 2021 – day before show check-in and set-up from 1 - 6pm at Truman Waterfront. All booths must be set-up by 6pm.
February 27 & 28, 2021 – 56th Old Island Days Art Festival; 10am - 5pm
A Note about Deadlines
If we have availability in any category after the jury, we will continue to accept applications until the show is full. You may email the director at KWArtShow@gmail.com to inquire if your category is full before applying after the late deadline. An application is not a guarantee that you will receive a space.
The Old Island Days Art Festival Committee will assume that any accepted artist not paying the booth fee by December 10, 2020 will NOT be exhibiting in The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival and no booth space will be reserved for that artist. Exhibitors who are accepted and fail to show/attend/participate without withdrawing their application will not be re-invited. ALL WITHDRAWALS OF APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING AND BE DELIVERED BY EMAIL.
WAITLIST: Being placed on the waitlist is not a guarantee that you will be placed in the show and it is not awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis the weekend of the event. If a space becomes available in a category where we have a waitlist, we will notify waitlisted artists as soon as possible. Notifications may come as early as December 11, 2020 and as late as February 2021. Artists selected from the waitlist are considered on how their work will balance the show as a whole. If you wish to be removed from the waitlist, please email the Director at KWArtShow@gmail.com.
Early Bird Application Fee: $35 (until October 1, 2020)
Late Application Fee: $45 (any applications received after October 1, 2020)
10 x 10 = $245
10 x 15 = $370 (limited)
All applicants must apply online via Zapplication. An application is not a guarantee to exhibit at the show. Each participant is selected by our jury. You must upload 3 images of your work and 1 image of your booth display. The quality of your booth image is important to the overall score from the jury. Your display image should reveal no names and have no people standing in it AND show your body of work as it will be displayed during the show. The images must be an accurate representation of the work to be exhibited and reflect current creation. NOTE: This is a blind jury process; please do not include your name, company name or a photo of the artist themselves on any image. For more information on digital image submission access: http://www.zapplication.org/imaging_tips.phtml
PARKING: Free in nearby lot. Reduced parking rates available nearby.
SECURITY: Key West Police are on duty 24 hours during the show, set-up and tear down. The Old Island Days Art Festival and Key West Art Center are not responsible for exhibitors’ work or displays and cannot accept responsibility for theft or damage due to weather, foul play or any other type of damage. It is your responsibility to secure your work.
REFUNDS: The application fee is non-refundable. Cancellation deadline is December 20, 2020 for a booth refund, less credit card fees. Cancellations after December 20, 2020 will be reviewed by the committee for refund. A minimum of $50 for admin fee may be retained. The Old Island Days Art Festival Committee is not required to make refunds.
COVID-19 or other PANDEMICS POLICY: In the event The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival has to be cancelled prior to January 1, 2021 under the direction of the City of Key West government due to Covid-19 or another pandemic or epidemic that may arise, we will refund all application and booth fees paid, less credit card processing fees. In the event The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival has to be cancelled after January 1, 2021 under the direction of the City of Key West government due to Covid-19 or another pandemic or epidemic that may arise, we will refund as much as we possibly can for booth and application fees. Please understand we have spent considerable funds after January 1st to promote and produce the event. Fear of contacting Covid-19 is not a valid reason for a refund.
WEATHER: This is a rain or shine event. In the event of severe weather, the Show Director and Staff will make the decision to close the event early or postpone the start. No refunds will be given for a truncated or cancelled show due to weather. It is your responsibility to bring all necessary weights to secure your tent for inclement weather.
DURING THE SHOW: It is your responsibility to bring everything you need to secure your booth, set-up your booth/display and maintain your booth during the event. Strunk Ace Hardware is located at 1101 Eaton Street for any last-minute items you may need.
*** NEW! *** Day Before Set up!!!!
Light Breakfast on Saturday morning
Complimentary water and snacks - both days
Drive up to booth for set-up and breakdown
Storage Space Behind Booths
RV Parking: We offer RV Parking conveniently located within walking distance to the show at Truman Waterfront Park for a nominal fee of $175 total for 3 nights. There is no electricity or water provided. Space is limited to 12 RV's and reservations are required with the show director.
BOOTH SET-UP: Friday booth set-up is from 1 - 6 pm. All booths must be set-up by 6pm. If you are unable to set up the day before, you may begin setting up at 6am on Saturday. Please notify show director at KWArtShow@gmail.com if you will set up on Saturday.
• Exhibiting artists must show ID at check in and be present for the entire show.
• No buy/sell, mass produced items, items unlike those juried or artist reps are not allowed. Work must be produced by the exhibitor. This rule will be strictly enforced. Anyone not in compliance will be asked to leave the show.
• Artists only – NO dealers, stores or agents may participate.
• Only artists who jury into the jewelry category may sell jewelry in their booth. If you have any jewelry items in your booth and you did not jury into the jewelry category, you will be asked to remove them and expected to do so without complaint.
• Participants must be checked in by 8 AM on Saturday or may be considered a no-show and space may be reassigned, if not checked in by 8 AM on Saturday, February 27, 2021. First time participants are strongly encouraged to register on Friday to receive instructions.
• Friday booth set-up is from 1 - 6 pm. All booths must be set-up by 6pm. If you are unable to set up the day before, you may begin setting up at 6am on Saturday.
• Vehicles (except oversized) will be permitted to drive to their booth space and unload. You must park with the direction of traffic. Once unloaded the vehicle must be removed to parking area immediately. Please be considerate of others as this is a tight area. Use common sense and be mindful of those around you. Traffic must maintain one-way direction and follow all show personnel’s instructions.
• Vehicles must be off the street by 9 AM each morning. The show hours are 10am to 5pm each day. Booths may not be disassembled prior to 5 PM each day. Breaking down before 5pm on Sunday without Director’s approval will result in not being invited back the following year. The police officer on duty and show director will determine when it is safe to bring vehicles onto the street at the end of each day due to pedestrian traffic. No vehicle may enter the street before it is deemed safe. At the end of day on Sunday, you must have your booth completely broken down before bringing your vehicle on the street to load. Artists may not block other traffic to load.
• PETS: Key West is a pet-friendly town and we understand that many artists travel with their pets. Small, well-behaved pets (less than 25lbs.) will be permitted inside your booth during the show. However, if there are complaints about your pet, or we deem your pet to be a nuisance or safety concern for others, you will be asked to remove your pet from the show.
• Exhibitor space is 10’x10’ and limited 10 x 15. All work must be displayed within the assigned space and must not impact neighbors’ space. If you pay for a 10 x 10 corner or 10 x 15 corner, your work must be contained within the 10x10 or 10 x 15 space, respectively. The committee strives to give additional room as possible but cannot guarantee it. Natural corners are very limited, so we try to create corners by allowing for extra space in between certain booths. A white tent or canopy is required, unless prior approval by director, and must fit into the 10’x10’ area. Occasionally, spaces are wider than others and exhibitors are expected to equally share the additional space between canopies and keep a neat professional looking display and storage area.
• A limited number of corner spaces are available and cannot be guaranteed. If you have paid for a corner space and do not receive it, you will be refunded $75.
• 10x15 corner spaces are very limited.
• The collection and remittance of the Florida State Sales Tax is the responsibility of each artist. Key West sales tax is 7.5%.
• Other specific procedures will be outlined in acceptance documents.
By completing and submitting this application I agree to participate in The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival to be held in Key West, Florida on February 27 & 28, 2021.
I have received and read The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival 2021 Rules. If I am accepted to participate in The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival, I agree to abide by the rules, including any changes which may be adopted and provided to me before the event.
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the 56th Old Island Days Art Festival, and for other good and valuable consideration, I agree for myself and my successors, heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, legal representatives, employees, agents and affiliates, and in case of a corporation, also its officers, directors and shareholders (collectively, the “Artist”), to forever release and discharge The Key West Art Center, Inc., the City of Key West, their agents, representatives or employees, The Truman Annex Master Property Association and the Truman Annex Management Company, Monroe County Tourist Development Council, and all sponsoring organizations, and each of their members, officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns, volunteers and affiliates (collectively KWAC) from all claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, suits, damages, obligations, liabilities and causes of action, whether arising out of or related to the Artist’s participation in the 56th Old Island Days Art Festival.
The Artist agrees to and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injuries to the Artist, including personal injury and risk of damage to Artist’s property, caused by or arising out of the Artist’s involvement in the 56th Old Island Days Art Festival
The Artist hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold KWAC harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, causes of action, damages, liabilities, obligations, costs, expenses and judgments (including, without limitation, personal injury, death and damage to property) caused by the Artist’s acts or omissions or failure to abide by the rules of KWAC and arising out of the Artist’s participation in The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival.
If accepted, you knowingly and willingly consent to participate in The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not hold KWAC liable for the possibility of contracting COVID-19. You understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be highly contagious. It is impossible to determine who has it and who does not given the limits in virus testing.
If accepted, KWAC has my permission to reproduce my artwork through the samples or representations I have submitted for the purpose of promoting, advertising and marketing The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival. KWAC also has my permission to publish photographs or video taken of me, my booth and my work during The 56th Old Island Days Art Festival for purposes related to promotions of the event, past or future.